Amazon Renewed is the program that allows vendors to sell their certified and high-quality refurbished products to Amazon customers world-wide. It is exclusively accessible to sellers who meet the minimum requirements for quality standards, and can furnish products that look new and are fully functioning, but that have been renewed.
But what are the refurbished products on Amazon? What are the advantages? And what can you do to start selling on Amazon Renewed?
We have prepared a complete guide on this topic, hoping it will be useful to help you grow your business.
What are the refurbished products on Amazon ?
As we said at the beginning of this article, Amazon Renewed is the program that allows you to sell your refurbished, tested and certified products.
Therefore, the products we are dealing with have undergone a process of refurbishment, including a diagnostics test, the replacement of any defective parts, a thorough cleaning of all its parts, an accurate inspection and repackaging, if necessary.
Hence, your products will look like new and can be shipped to the final customer including all the accessories that would normally accompany the product if it were brand new, and also backed by a one-year warranty.
What are the advantages of Amazon Renewed?
For what reasons should a business owner want to join the Amazon Renewed Program? What are the principal advantages that this opportunity has to offer?
Actually, Amazon Renewed can provide vendors with a long series of advantages that – nonetheless – are often underestimated even by the smartest entrepreneurs.
First of all, we must remind you that not everyone is allowed to access Amazon Renewed: the program is reserved exclusively to those vendors that meet Amazon’s strict high-quality performance bar, and that can constantly supply like-new condition products. Only these vendors are allowed to sell on the refurbished products showcases.
By joining the program, entrepreneurs will be able to reach a whole new demographic of qualified, demanding and reliable consumers, willing to interact with equally qualified vendors that reintroduce their refurbished products on the market. Whoever is seeking refurbished products is usually a customer that knows exactly what he wants and is ready to trust a seller that will re-market a product that is not brand new, but that has the same characteristics and warranties as if it were.
In short, selling on Amazon Renewed means expanding one’s selling opportunities. And although Amazon has not furnished any detailed data on whether its selling partners have increased their turnovers after joining the program, the company has stated on its official website that the top vendors have registered a considerable increase in revenues.
What can be sold on Amazon Renewed?
As we said earlier in this article, in order to be authorized to sell certified refurbished products, the seller must meet the quality standards for the products and the warranty requirements for refurbished and second-hand products. The selling partner must also commit to meeting Amazon’s performance standards.
Once the seller has been approved and authourized by Amazon, he will be able to sell the renewed products belonging to the following 12 distinct categories:
- Laptops e Computers;
- Video game consoles;
- Headphones and audio;
- Television sets;
- Office equipment;
- Home and industrial tools;
- Second-hand watches;
- Home appliances;
- Kitchen appliances.
How to sell on Amazon Renewed
Luckily, selling on Amazon Renewed is actually quite simple. Al you have to do to start selling your certified renewed products on the program is just prove that you are a registered Amazon seller. In case you’re not, you will have to create a Seller account.
After that, you will have to request authorization to sell your certified renewed products. To do this, you will need to provide Amazon with some information about your experience in selling renewed products. This will allow the marketplace to establish whether or not you are in the position to meet its requirements. Read the next paragraph to discover them.
Once your application has been approved, you can finally start selling your renewed products either by creating a new list or adding offers on the products already listed.
What are the requisites for selling on Amazon Renewed?
As we have already pointed out more than once in this article, Amazon pays careful attention in choosing the vendors to whom they grant authorization to sell renewed products. It is quite evident that the intention of the marketplace is to avoid the presence on its platform of products that do not have the requisites of high-quality level standards, that could end up damaging the image of this service which is becoming increasingly sought-after by a growing portion of particularly careful consumers.
Well, the requisites you need in order to sell on Amazon Renewed are not very many, but, since they are fundamental, we suggest you spend a few minutes of your time to examine them and to make sure that your business organization has all of them:
- Sales volume: the first requirement you need to meet is the sales volume of your renewed products. You will need to supply invoices proving you have sold at least 500 renewed items or at least 20 thousand euros worth of valid renewed products in the 90 days leading up to the application date of your request to join the program (one million euros for Apple products). This will prove to Amazon that you are not an occasional vendor, but that you have made selling renewed products a prominent business activity.
- Reburbishing: as the word suggests, the refurbished products sold on Amazon Renewed must undergo a refurbishing process so as to seem new and be fully functional as if they were new. To enable the platform to ascertain this, you will have to send Amazon at least 10 images of a sample unit for the verification of the product and of the packaging. The images must show the following:
- Shipping packaging,
- Brown or white box containing the product inside the shipping packaging,
- Picture of the product inside the box,
- Picture of the product top-side,
- Picture of the product bottom-side,
- Picture of the product side 1
- Picture of the product side 2
- Picture of the product side 3
- Picture of the product side 4
- Picture of the warranty that will be furnished to the buyer.
- Warranty: Amazon Renewed requires you to be able to provide a warranty of at least one year from the date of purchase on all your certified renewed products, in addition to all the legal rights.
- Defects: If you are already an Amazon seller, the marketplace requires you to show that the percentage of your defective orders in the last 90 days has been less than or equal to 0,8%.
- Extra documents: For certain brands (Apple, etc.) you may be need to supply further documentation, and it will be requested case by case.
So what do you think about it? Have you already taken advantage of Amazon Renewed?